There are two thriving pubs in the parish of Littlehempston – click on the links below to visit their websites.
The Tally Ho is a centuries old, grade 2 listed church house in the centre of the village. Originally called the Church House Inn, and later the Bolton Arms (after a local land owning family), it was finally re-named The Tally Ho Inn in 1952. It closed in November 2011 and, after some hard work, was bought by a co-operative and re-opened as South Devon’s first community pub in March 2014.
The Pig & Whistle is at the northern end of the viaduct that carries the A381 Totnes to Newton Abbot road across Gatcombe Brook. It’s shown as The New Bridge Inn in the 1851 to 1891 censuses, and The Bridge Inn after that.